Blazing Games Inc has closed
As most of the games on the site are Java applets (no longer playable from a browser) and Flash games (End of life in 2020) it makes no sense to keep this site up. In my spare time, I am porting the games to HTML 5 and hosting them on my personal site Spelchan.com. Here is the list of games that have been or are going to be ported based on the polling results of the poll I had. If you notice any omissions, please feel free to contact me.
Already Ported as of May 1st, 2019
- Easter Egg Hunt This Flash game was created for Easter and is an Easter Egg Hunt.
- Evil Gnomes Revenge Flash game where as an evil gnome
- Four in a Row Take turns against the computer dropping chips down a series of chutes with the goal being to line up four chips horizontally
- Halloween Scratch The sequel to the Lucky Scratch game where you win a lucky symbol. Every ticket is a winner
- Nim A Flash version of the classic logic game Nim where you want to take the last object!
- Tennis with Dice A very simple Flash dice game that uses a tennis scoring system.
- Video Poker A Flash collection of your typical traditional alley of video poker machines
- Cribbage Square A Flash solitaire game where you lay cards in a grid attempting to score the best cribbage hand for each row, column and diagonal.
- Egg Generator A Flash Easter egg generator.
- Fleet A Flash version of the classic pen and paper game. Your goal is to destroy your opponents fleet of ships before your opponent can destroy your fleet of ships.
- Pent Up Anger A Flash board game where you must move your five pieces from their starting location to the ending location. Only one piece is allowed on any location so if you land on an occupied piece, you send that piece back to start.
- Santa Snowball Flash game where you help Santa save Christmas by protecting his workshop from evil gnomes.
- Santas Search In this Flash Christmas game, the evil gnomes have hid all of Santas Reindeer and you must find them to save Christmas.
- String Along Flash game where you where you guide an ever-growing string of spheres though a number of mazes was written as part of my Flash Game Development book.
- Thirteen Spikes Squared Flash game where you save a balloon from being popped in thirteen rooms each filled with thirteen spikes.
- Towels for Earth Flash game for Mini-Ludum Dare 42 where you need to save Earth from being destroyed by throwing towels at demolition beams.
Larger Game Plans
- One of those Weeks A Flash adventure game that takes a bad week to the extreme. While I have ported the first episode, I have much larger plans for this series but these plans will have to wait until after I finish my Master's degeree.
- Coffee Quest Series (4 games broken into 14 episodes) My Java based RPG series started off as 3D maze game and became full fledged RPG. The enhanced version of this game is currently being developed
- Ultimate Retro Project(60 episodes) A series of games based on classic text games in text and modernized versions. I will be starting on this after Coffee Quest is finished but plan on having 90 episodes (3D versions of the games).
- Twelve Months of Doomsday This Flash series (13 episodes) reveals what really happened in 2012 and why the world did not end! It will be worked on after One of those Weeks is finished
- Mr. Holeman Java based action/puzzle game where you move portable holes around in order to gather all the gems while avoiding red slimes. I was not expecting this to meet my threshold let alone score so high on the list so need time to figure out what I will be doing with this game but it will be ported to a playable format.
- Coffee Quest 2600 This Flash game was my entry for Mini-Ludum Dare 50 the theme was deconstruction where you take a modern game and create a version as if it were for an older console. This is my coffee quest game if it were for the Atari 2600. The ported version will be for the Atari 2600 and will run using the emulator I am developing in my home brew game jam blog.
These games will be ported and released to coincide with the month that the particular holiday appropriate to the game Is in. The are listed in order of popularity.
- Evil Eggs A Flash Easter themed game where you must help the Easter Bunny find tainted eggs.
- Thirteen Spikes Squared Unlimited Flash game where you save a balloon from being popped in thirteen rooms each filled with thirteen spikes. This version generates an unlimited number of random levels
- April Fools 2 In this Flash game, you must dodge pies that your friends are throwing at you.
- Valentine Hearts A Flash Valentine Day game where you need to catch 14 hearts while avoiding broken hearts.
- Canada Day Flag Game Flash game where you try to reveal the Canadian flag by catching maple leaves.
- Independence Day Flag Game This flash game lets Americans celebrate Independence day by setting off fire crackers to complete the American Flag.
- April Fools In this Flash game, you must dodge pies that your friends is throwing at you.
- Halloween Lich Flash game where you must avoid a deadly lich during Halloween.
- Leap Year Leap Leap over leap years in this Flash February 29th game.
- Santa Vs. The Evil Gnomes In this Java game Santa must seek out the evil Gnome king to resue his elves
These smaller games will be filler games that will be released between installments of my larger project games. I will try to port then in the order of popularity, unless someone wishes to sponsor a game (in which case it becomes highest propriety). The games are in order of popularity with low priority games barely making my threshold, and no-priority games being the games that did not meet my cut so will only be ported if I feel like it or somebody sponsors the game.
- Change Drop Turbo A Flash game created for Charity Jam 2 where you need to catch change from your piggy bank.
- Thanks for all the Fish This Flash game is the last game created before dissolving Blazing Games. A simple timed fishing game.
- Schrodingers Kitten This game was created for the Ludum Dare 28 challenge. The game is simple, you want to collect as many kittens as you get in 10 rounds (zombie kittens count as half a kitten while dead kittens do not count at all).
- Fortune Cookie You pick your cookie and read the fortune. The cookies all have different fortunes (and every plate consists of different cookies) so your choice matters.
- Apple Harvest Ludum Dare 27 Flash game where you collect as many apples as possible in 10 seconds
- Missile Master Shoot down the missiles before they destroy your cities in this arcade game.
- Zombie Forever In this Flash game for MiniLD 39, you are a zombie and want to infect everyone on the island to form an army of zombies and take over the world.
- D.N.A. This Flash game was created for Mini-Ludum Dare 40. The theme was real-world. This game uses a small chunk of real human DNA data as its real-world component.
- Tower of Hanoi Your goal is to move the tower to one of the two adjacent locations. The problem, you can only move one piece at a time and can not put a larger piece on top of a smaller piece.
- Vampire Attack 2 The goal this Flash game is to find the vampire, but to do that you will have to work your way through the forest, through the castle, and finally through the underground catacombs in order to find him.
- Wilmags Labs Lord Bill has had a curse placed on him and you must find an antidote before he dies. Mixing the proper ingredients in the proper order will result in a cure but time is short!
- Vampire AttackThe goal of this Flash game is to shoot all the vampires before they get you.
- Desktop Tennis Flash game where you play a table-tennis style game but with additional obstacles.
- Binary Logic This flash game turns Boolean Logic into a puzzle game.
- Deadly Doors Flash game where you must find the safe path through a series of deadly doors.
- Spikey Bird This Unity game was my entry for the Flappy Jam which was a game jam to create a clone of Flappy Bird. This game features spikes instead of pipes!
- Lucky Scratch This flash game is a scratch and win game where you win a lucky symbol. Every ticket is a winner.
- Poker Square This Flash game is a solo game where you try to make the best twelve poker hands that you can by arranging cards into a 5x5 grid.
- Solitaire Board Game In this Flash game, remove all the marbles by jumping over other marbles leaving the last marble in the center of the board.
- Biorhythms This Flash game is a pseudo-scientific method that some people believe will help them predict their future state of health, emotion, and intelligence.
- Darts Flash game of Darts featuring 301, 501, 1001, and Around the Clock modes.
- Queens Challenge Place 8 Queens on a chessboard without any Queen in danger from the others.
- Knights Tour Flash version of the Classic Chess puzzle where you must traverse a chess board with a knight.
- Color Smash This Flash game is my New Years Game Jam entry. This game requires you to smash the complementary color as quick as you can (a table of complementary colors is in the about section of the game).
- Space Station Defence Defend a space station from a missile attack.
- Big Wheel A Flash version of a common carnival game.
- Rotation Puzzle Java based image puzzle where you re-assemble the picture by rotating the columns and rows of the picture.
- Memory ChallengeThe goal of this Java game is to remove matching tiles as quickly and as accuracy as you can as your score is dependent on both speed and accuracy.
- Whale of a Tale Flash game created for Mini-Ludum Dare 41. The theme was Blood in the Water. You are a whale trying to stay alive for as long as possible. This is done by avoiding harpoons.
- CRA Auditor A Flash game created for the CRA Jam in protest of the Canadian Revenue Agency firing an employee for creating a game.
- Alphabet Points In this Flash game there are several letters with point values behind it. You pick values while being offered bids. You keep either the accepted bid or the last tile.
- Saga of the Candy Apple ScrollFlash game created for CandyJam where jammers protested the King attempt at trademarking the word Candy. This is a variant of the Memory game.
- Sic BoA Flash version of the casino game.
- Poker Dice The title of this Flash game is all than needs to be said.
- Drop Dead A simple Flash dice game where you want to roll the highest amount possible while avoiding the deadly twos and fives.
- Hangman A Flash version of the classic word game that everyone should be familiar with. Hangman is the game where you must figure out the secret word before the hangman hangs you.
- Dix Mille This Flash version of the dice game of 10
- Charity Jam Simple RPG A simple NES style RPG for the first Charity Jam.
- Scrambled Pyramid In this Flash word game
- General The goal of this Flash dice game is to fill all the categories with the highest score possible.
- Pig Greed is tested in this simple Flash dice game.
- History Bomb A Flash trivia game where the player must sort lists into proper order before the bomb explodes.
- Musatic This Flash based game is a music/dance game with a bit of a twist. Instead of playing the rhythm game
- Missing Links Flash game for Ludum Dare 24 with the theme of Evolution!
- Everest The Flash dice game of Everest requires the player to flag all 24 locations on the mountain by forming dice combinations.
- Crossword A Flash crossword puzzle themed around Blazing Games.
- Word Shift A Flash semi-original word game. It can best be described as a combination of my Rotation Puzzle game with my Growing Words game.
- Growing Words Remove all the words from the word list before the game board is filled with the growing letters.
- Hearts A simple Flash dice game based on the sequences dice game but using the word HEARTS.
- Threes A Flash dice game where the goal is to get the lowest score possible. The twist is that three is treated as zero.
- Thirty Six A flash version of the classic dice game of Thirty Six with the goal of getting closer to thirty six than your opponents without going over.
- Shut the Box The goal of this Flash dice game is to shut all the boxes by choosing one or two open boxes that add up to the value rolled on the dice.
- Crystal Skull In this Flash game the skull tells you your future
- Trivia Bomb A Flash trivia game with an explosive time limit. You must correctly answer 3 questions
- Word Slide This Flash word game is a combination of a sliding puzzle and Growing Words.
The “Making HTML5 games in Animate” eBook is being released on my Blazing Games Development Blog. Once it is done I will write a “Making HTML5 games in Create.js” which will include these games so they will be ported once I get around to writing that book.
- Bomb Nim A Flash version of the classical logic game Bomb Nim where you want to force your opponent to take the bomb.
- Lights Out Flash game where you need to smash light bulbs to escape was written as part of my Flash Game Development book.
- 3D Tic Tac Toe By adding a third dimension this otherwise simple game becomes a fairly challenging game. Part of the Blazing Games Guide to Flash Game Development eBook.
- Dragon and the Sword Flash game (part of FGD book) where you need to stop the dragon that is terrorizing your village.